Hi everyone !
There is an up-and-coming relayer registry proposal for the tornado protocol, coded by @CommunityDev13337. This is a summary of what this proposal (read: upgrade) would enable for the protocol:
- The proposal enables mechanics which can, if passed via the proposal, in combination with existing software, change how relayers register with the system.
- If the community decides to pass the proposal, relayers will have to register with a registry and deposit some TORN as a mechanism of investment in the protocol to discourage misbehaviour and spamming, or not be listed on the frontend.
- If relayers misbehave governance may elect to slash their funds.
- Deposited TORN will be burned on withdrawals and distributed to people that engage with Governance.
- Relayers will not have to stake necessarily, but in this case they will not be listed on the frontend.
The contracts for this upgrade still need to be deployed on mainnet, but before that the source code logic should be audited for safety.
This post proposes a Snapshot vote, which will be set up, as always by our famous @Rezan to determine if the community wants the source code for the afordmentioned set of contracts to be audited, which would in turn be paid from the treasury. The approximate cost of the audit would be 45k$.
The set of contract source code can be found here, the audit would be held in approximately one week. There is still a design change that would be made to the repository given the recent input of several reputable solidity engineers, but the current architecture would be very (very) close to what it is currently.
Thanks for taking the time to read this through and keep it .
And thanks to @CommunityDev13337 for answering any technical questions or opinions that will be posted here.