Getting APs multiple times

Hi. If I’ve deposited, and just letting my deposit sit there. Can I use my note to mine my APs multiple times - like once a month?

Or do I need to withdraw my funds completely, then mine my APs? Then re-deposit, rinse and repeat.

(also is there a way to turn off the 300 character requirement? I’m penalized by being concise - and forced to write this)

Thanks
Jake

1 Like

You need to withdraw your tornado deposit first. Once you’ve done that, then you can use your note to claim the AP that was accumulated during the now completed mixing period. A note can only be spent once to claim this accumulated AP.

If you want to accumulate more AP after this has taken place, then yes, you will need to redeposit your funds once more and let them sit while accumulating more AP on a fresh, new note.

1 Like

what does that mean?

Post must be at least 50 characters
Have you tried the button?

1 Like

If you mix for 2 weeks, then you accumulate 2 weeks worth of AP. After you withdraw the deposit from Tornado, no more AP is accumulated. When no more AP is being accumulated, you have completed the period of time where mixing took place. Your mixing period is completed

1 Like

Okay, sure. I misread this as “there was some defined global mixing period that is now over”, which obviously didn’t make any sense :wink:

I assume OP wants liquidity, or he would just keep funds in Tornado and collect all accumulated AP once the ETH are really needed for something.

1 Like

Hi,
I’d like to leave my funds in the mixer, and don’t need them right now. I’d like to harvest my APs from time to time - WITHOUT removing my funds. Ideally, harvest once a month, convert to ETH, and deposit those new ETH into Tornado.cash.

I.e. rather than simple interest, I’d like to compound monthly.

But it seems I need to withdraw, mine, re-deposit (rinse and repeat once a month)

Thanks
Jake

2 Likes

This is correct. You must remove your funds to harvest your AP

Keep in mind, unless you’re doing 100 ETH batches, you really won’t be able to profitably harvest on a monthly basis as the cost of gas for all txs will exceed the value of the AP/TORN mined (10 ETH deposits are close - they break even in about 20 days)

2 Likes

+1 for this request. … what is this 50 characters limit ?

1 Like

It is not a possible request, unfortunately. It cannot technically be executed with this construction.

1 Like