Member onboarding to convert them to active contributors

Tornado Cash discord has thousands of members but only a few actively participate and the primary reason for that is that they don’t have all the information needed to start contributing.

Individual i.e. one-to-one onboarding is not scalable, so we need to use some specific onboarding tools.

DoDAO has Member Onboarding tool that can used for providing the necessary information to the members so that they can become active contributors. Our platform DoDao is currently in beta testing, but is ready to be used.

Our guides are far better than normal documentation in a number of ways

1. Guides are to-the-point and are meant to onboard users for a specific role or task.
  2. Information is presented to the user in a piece-by-piece way i.e. in steps.
  3. Guides have evaluation steps that force the user to go through the contents carefully
  4. Guide completion is tracked i.e. we know the user’s wallet address, completion date, and score.
  5. This data can be queried to apply smart logic like: gating of discord channels, gating of product boards, and proposal voting

This is an explainer video of the problem statement

We will also work with Tornado Cash team to create public task boards similar to https://app.dework.xyz/

What is needed from Tornado Cash?

1. “Yes” to proceed forward
  2. Compensation for the effort. We want to work at any terms and partner in creating an active contributing community :slight_smile:

Two thoughts:

First, Tornado is a privacy tool. I know I am hesitant to chime in on every topic because I value my privacy, and the more I speak the more likely I am to reveal my identity. The notion of being “onboarded” feels wrong.

Second, what do you mean by “contributing”? Code? Technical support? Donations? Forum activity?

1 Like