Hello to all,
Due to the resignation of @Justin_Bram as a multisig signatory and given that several people have presented themselves as potential new multisig signatories, either publicly or privately, I thought it might be interesting to hold a new election to elect a new batch of 5 signatories.
So far, here are the people who have eitheer publicly or privately expressed their interest in becoming a multisig signatory:
Currently, here is the list of signatories since June 2021:
This gives us a list of 7 potential multisig signers for 2022, including 5 candidates who are currently multisigs and 3 candidates who would be interested in becoming/stay multisigs:
As a reminder, a multisig signatory must:
- Follow the will of the Tornado Cash community
- Sign multisig transactions quickly
- Be available and active within the multisig group in order to propose new things to the community, by proposals, ideas,…
- Resign if he can no longer respect his commitments as a signatory or withdraw if the community decides to do so.
In terms of compensation, it was initially proposed that a compensation of 100 TORN per month would be fair.
For the above reasons as well as the following:
- A signatory must be available to brainstorm, exchange with other signatories around the project to make it progress in a positive way,
- A signatory must be available to vote on the multisig transactions quickly.
Moreover, in case of legal problems linked to the role of the signatory or to his contributions, it was agreed that the multisig funds would be used so that he could defend himself legally. And of course, it is for this risk that the contribution of 100 TORN was chosen.
I would like to remind you that a signatory must be very available to move the community forward. A candidate therefore undertakes to be active in the event of being elected, in terms of his or her contribution to the community.
In case the signatory can’t be active enough for the community, he will be able to decide on his own to not be paid anymore/to reduce his compensation. I propose that if the majority of multisigs feel that the signatory does not deserve his compensation, it should be reduced or even taken away from him.
The latter can then withdraw from the multisig if he decides to do so or continue, until a next snapshot vote for re-election.
@Rezan, can you create a snapshot allowing to vote for 5 people please?
I hope you have a happy holiday season and that you can all enjoy these last days of 2021 to spend time with your loved ones!