[Suggestion] Recruitment campaign

Hello to all and happy new year to you. :blush:

Since some time, our community developer has left for new horizons.
Because of this, the community is in great need of a new Solidity - frontend developer by its side.

Our new developer will work for the community, and will propose new implementations.

He/She will of course be accompanied by the multisig team composed of developers such as @Rezan and @xgozzy, but also by the Tornado Cash team, as well as by the three other multisigs that are @ayefda, @Ghost and myself.

If you know someone who might be interested, please ask him to contact us directly by private message on the forum or by Telegram / Discord.

In order to be able to recruit easily, I propose that we set up a recruitment campaign, looking for one or two profiles if we find the right ones.
There are several websites to publish ads related to job offers in the cryptocurrency sector such as CryptoJobsList, Crypto.jobs, cryptocurrency.jobs, …

In addition, it could be interesting to recruit a full-time community manager who would take care of social networks such as Discord and Telegram in order to moderate, animate and answer questions from community members.

If you know of other known ways to recruit, feel free to suggest it here.
I propose that we set up a snapshot to see if the community wants to set up this recruitment campaign.

Take care of your loved ones! Have a good day/evening :smile:

3 Likes

Would love to join.

@bt11ba please email me [email protected]

Hey @si_bui, please contact me directly through TC Discord. Thanks

1 Like

I definitely can work in the capacity of a Community Manager,

I have 3+ years of experience managing virtual communities and social platforms.

You can send me an email for in-depth discussions.

Email: [email protected]

Looking forward to receiving your email

Cheers!

Would love to join. Vast experience in business management
https://www.linkedin.com/in/anette-bartha-4021a075/
British, Hungarian and US citizenships

I would love to work for this great community

I have a good command of english and also know how to handle human.
Thanks

Hey, i love to join you. I’m last year student and studying Cyber Security. Please send me your telegram username I’ll contact you if you are still looking for a recruite.

Hello, I am Simeon, a full stake developer, digital marketer and a solidity developer, with over 20years experience in blockchain. My brand name is Cmeon Technology, i would be glad to work with you on your project development.

I awaits for your kind response

When blockchain began? I known BTC have 14 years old only.

1 Like

It seems that the classic method doesn’t work. It is pretty hard to find people willing to work for a DAO.

Tornado definitely needs more contributors, such as front-end developers to build some UI stuff as a Factory pool UI for example.

On average, a “premium” ad cost between 500$ and 1000$, depending on the job platform. We could start with a 250 TORN budget (11,000$ at the moment) that multisig could use to create some ads during next campaigns.

Snapshot link : Snapshot

I personally strongly disagree with paying for an advertising campaign.

In my country, if you lower a little the experience requirement (but with still requiring past experience in a blockchain project) there are 2 or 3 years apprenticeship (Duales Studium equivalent) for lot of peoples passing a Master degree or an engineering degree in a very great state engineering school.
In exchange, the legal entity (including a foreign one) can request French state funding of the wage up to the minimum wage if the number of French employees is below 10 as well as a 8000€ state hiring covid19 bonus if the hiring happens before next June.

Here the resource in terms of job market is definitely not scarce. This got to the point the typical_tiny_company_name_you_never_heard_of advertise such job offers only on a section their website as a proof the would be apprentice is motivated to work at such specific company and not elsewhere.
Of course this is something highlighted by the unusual huge government sponsorship in order to convince companies performing such apprentice hiring with thousands students like me getting fired from their school (not linked to what I did to Tornado cash) for failing to find a company each year.

So what about publishing such job offers with the right French keywords only on a subpage of https://tornado.cash with requesting an English answer in order to get 10 application per day from peoples having found the offer in the XXXX thousand Google search result?

Of course, translating the offer is something I would agree to help with.

I personally strongly disagree.

In my country, if you lower a little the experience requirement (but with still requiring past experience in a blockchain project) there are 2 or 3 years apprenticeship (Duales Studium equivalent) for lot of peoples passing a Master degree or an engineering degree in a very great state engineering school.
In exchange, the legal entity (including a foreign one) can request French state funding of the wage up to the minimum wage if the number of French employees is below 10 as well as a 8000€ state hiring covid19 bonus if the hiring happens before next June.

Here the resource in terms of job market is definitely not scarce. This got to the point the typical_tiny_company_name_you_never_heard_of advertise such job offers only on a section their website as a proof the would be apprentice is motivated to work at such specific company and not elsewhere.
Of course this is something highlighted by the unusual huge government sponsorship in order to convince companies performing such apprentice hiring with thousands students like me getting fired from their school (not linked to what I did to Tornado cash) for failing to find a company each year.

So what about publishing such job offers with the right French keywords only on a subpage of https://tornado.cash with requesting an English answer in order to get 10 application per day from peoples having found the offer in the XXXX thousand Google search result?

Of course, translating the offer is something I would agree to help with.

Then, if you have the right solution, you are welcome. We struggle to find talented people, so every help is welcome. If you disagree with a proposal, you can always vote against on Snapshot.
https://snapshot.org/#/torn-community.eth/proposal/0x462ff435f10c96340492490bac00362e68a05636fc77be9d11a6881b0eea42a4

About your idea of apprenticeship: do not forget that Tornado Cash DAO is not a company. We are only able to pay in TORN, not in fiat.
-> Do not forget that we are not able to provide insurance for an internship/apprenticeship.

For fiat, some colleges are accepting foreign work agreements. But in that case, there s no state financial sponsorship. French labor laws are lighter in that case. For example, the paid leave period is 5 days before each exams periods instead of 1 month. And if the apprentice is less than 25, you can pay him less than the legal minimum hourly/monthly wage.
After that, though, there s still the 39 hours per weeks being 35H in practice (the aim is to force hiring more peoples).

The best is to open a sepa bank account and use the money of the government for payment (no currency conversion involved).

As a bonus, a French apprentice can t change from company after 45 days. Past that period, they are legally required to work for Tornado cash for the coming 2/3 years (though being able to find an other company on time for such peoples in extremely unlikely).

It doesn t have to be from a company, as being registred as a legal entity somewhere is mostly all what is required.

For insurance, the 8000€ French state bonus should leave enough fiat for paying one. You would also get a number from you foreign registration (esef status) allowing to subscribe an insurance, but as far I know, this isn t required.

I can help you for free with this, but I would need properly written jobs offers in English in order to tranlate and adapt/word them. Maybe you want to discuss this privately?

To be clear with you, this is not something we are able to do for the moment.

1. Tornado Cash DAO is not a company/foundation as I said previously, no one is going to create a SEPA bank account to hire an intern,

2. Actually, we are looking for experienced developers only.

Keep in mind that you are totally free to help the Tornado Cash community with your skills and being compensated, such as every contributors are doing.

Regarding french translation, if ever you want to contribute to the protocol, feel free, every help is welcome.

-> You should try your luck with some crypto companies such as Ledger and Binance for example. They are hiring interns in France :wink:

As I said, this isn t interships. Not to be confused. In the end, it s possible to use a foreign work agreement for paying in TORN, but it just cuts by a lot the number of possible cfa, and nullify the economical point.

Desipite the term, it s possible to require a succesfull past blockchain development experience. It s linked to getting a degree, but not directly to have experience or not. Though an apprentice here must legally be aged below 30. This is rather a cost effective option.

Otherwise, by not even being fondation, do you mean things like the domain names are registered in physical person?