The exchanger refused to accept eth after using Tornado

GM!
After I funneled eth through a tornado - one of the exchangers refused to accept such funds, explaining that the service they use (AMLBOT) marked my wallet as “high risk wallet” for using crypto-mixers.
Please advise me which CEX and cross-chain bridges accept eth received from tornado cash (without asking selfie with my ID)

Hello, what exchange it is exactly please ? First time I hear that.

Probably a silly attempt post to trigger FUD.

Thing is, Tornado users are mostly (only?) advanced crypto users so that poor strategy will have a hard time getting any traction.

AMLbot looks like a real service, and their API does have a ‘mixer’ score: Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.

I’m also curious which exchange(s) are using AMLbot. And I wonder how that ‘mixer’ score is calculated— maybe fraction of funds in the address that came through a mixer?

By the way, if ever an exchange is asking for any informations concerning the proof of your fund, you can use the Compliance tool if your wallet used Tornado Cash.

More informations here: Compliance Tool - tornado.cash

This started becoming very common already 2-3 years ago. Centralized entities freeze or reject your funds if you use anonymization tools. It has happened for a while with conjoined Bitcoin funds. Thus, not surprising that we’re also seeing this in ETH now. The best way to protect oneself is to introduce several fake hops to create plausible deniability.

See here for more info: CoinJoin Flagging :: 6102bitcoin — Bitcoin Projects & Blog

@kamedo

1. Which exchange refused to accept your funds?
  2. Have they returned the funds to you?
  3. Did you have to provide any information before they returned it (KYC…)?