When is AP mining scheduled to end?

I know that AP mining is currently scheduled to end one year after it began, but I don’t know exactly when that was (I could dig into smart contract state to try to figure it out, but I’m hoping somebody can just tell me).

I’m asking because I’d like to put that date into the Anonymity Mining spreadsheet-- and maybe add some logic to let people know they won’t be able to deposit 0.1 ETH and assume they’ll be able to accumulate AP for a year.

2 Likes

When the available TORN runs out. There’s no set date.

Actually not exactly, unless a governance proposal extends the program, the miner contract will stop dripping new TORN in December 2022. This means that after that no new TORN will be added for distribution and the AP/TORN rate will shoot up.

You will still be able to earn AP forever but the rate will be very bad once the miner stop dripping.

The original AP mining program was 1m TORN over 1 year.

See here:
https://tornado-cash.medium.com/tornado-cash-governance-proposal-a55c5c7d0703

4 Likes

So the original plan is already extended for 1 year - if I understand correctly?

The original plan that is still ongoing is one year of length in total.

It was not extended since it started.

2 Likes

Yeah, 1 year. So december 2021 hasn’t happened yet. How come that the deadline is december 2022?

Ho sorry, I meant from December 2020 until December 2021. About 4 months left.

4 Likes

I figured it out: the mining swap contract is address 0x5cab7692d4e94096462119ab7bf57319726eed2a and etherscan tells me the startTimestamp is 1608262063 which was:

GMT : Friday, December 18, 2020 3:27:43 AM

So AP will stop dripping into the swap contract on 18 Dec 2021.

2 Likes