*Part I here: https://torn.community/t/whats-next-for-tornado-cash-governance *
March has been a great month for Tornado Cash, with on-chain deposit backups, the addition of new long-awaited pools and a passed proposal which will significantly lower the cost of updating the merkle tree hence effectively enabling anonimity mining.
Looking ahead of us, what’s next for Tornado Cash?
Making a list off the top of my head (let me know if you want me to add anything else):
Regarding moving towards a streamlined process for addition of new pools, Ethdev made an interesting proposal:
Further discussion and voting would be required in relation to:
- Whether the community endorses the proposal, or would rather proceed without adding a meta-protocol for new asset pools;
- In the former case, further discussion and voting on how to best protect relayers to exposure to new assets’ excessive price swings (enabling possibility to manually opt in and out asset pools, or setting different percentage fees for different instances, or more laissez-faire approaches, etc)
- Perhaps starting with FRAX as new deposit asset
In relation to remuneration of KCRs (https://torn.community/t/remunerate-key-contributors-from-the-community/), community sentiment survey and voting on:
- whether the community prefers a delegated multisig or an alternative batched governance.
- in the former scenario, voting the members of a delegated multisig for KCRs remuneration (first of all checking whether TC devs or prominent external would be up for it).
- voting for a budget concerning a reasonable and sustainable funding allocation as a % of montly TORN vestings, and most appropriate modality.
A possible introduction of fees to use Tornado Cash has been requested a number of times, e.g.:
I have expressed some reluctance in the past about this as I didn’t feel particularly in a rush about it, but would there be further requests for the community, this decision would need to be carefully considered and eventually voted in once some sustainable possibilities have been discussed, alongside technical aspects (e.g. adding an extra fee directly in the software run by relayers, or going for more convoluted ways).
Discussion and voting on possible sustainable strategies to incentive genuine community participation to governance (e.g. rewarding addresses who voted in for at least one past proposal).
Community discussion and voting on the possibility of enabling anonymity mining on the DAI/cDAI/WBTC pools
Community discussion on possible pro VS cons of a TORN pool