Proposal #1: Enable TORN transfers

Background

The TORN token was proposed by the Tornado cash team back in December. The token was airdropped to the Tornado cash users. However, beside claiming and voting, the token can’t be transferred to an arbitrary address. Starting from the 1st of February 3am UTC (Timestamp: 1612148437 to be accurate) it will be possible to activate token transfers with a governance proposal.

Find the token on Etherscan here.

Specification

This is an obviously very simple proposal. I will deploy a contract that simply calls the changeTransferability function on the TORN contract.

I have setup a repo with the proposal contract and some tests here:

Timeline

Before starting the proposal, we need 2 things:

• A TORN whale with more than 1000 tokens on a single address (combining tokens from different addresses will not work) If you have that or known someone, DM me on telegram @Rezan_vm.
  • 25k voting intentions in favor of the proposal. To signal your intention to vote, lock your token in governance now.

The voting period will last for 3 days from the submission time. If the vote is successful, we will have to wait 2 more days before the proposal can be executed.

At the time of writing, we are almost less than 5 days away from the unlock being possible. So the proposal could be submitted very soon.

I invite every TORN holder to already lock your tokens in governance to signal your voting intention. Let’s do it!

You can read the first part of this guide to learn how to lock your tokens in governance: Governance Guide — How to delegate

4 Likes

As a TORN holder I support this proposal, thank you for writing the contract. It looks good.

2 Likes

ready to vote! bags are on hold and waiting for the proposal

1 Like

Will vote yes on this

1 Like

Ayo let’s do this shit

1 Like

@bertmiller @CHICKENNUGGET @acegilz @ethdev great to see your support. Start to lock your tokens in the governance contract now. It’s important to see how much votes we already have.

1 Like

locked and loaded sers

1 Like

In favor. Will lock and load tonight.

1 Like

7.6k TORN deposited out of 25k on the 1st day. Awesome to see your support!
We will need to reach out little more…

In total 34 addresses deposited. I am still looking for a TORN whale with more than 1k tokens on a single address.

2 Likes

Good news, dude, will vote to support this proposal

1 Like

One quick note, if you are lazy to come back online for the vote later when it starts. You can already now delegate your locked token to me. My address:

0xd26BaA5F41CC7839CEdb020b6d98E1C6e1642D75

Here is a guide for the delegation:

1 Like

I will also be putting my sizeable stack of TORN behind this proposal.

2 Likes

Where can I (visually) follow the amount of TORN deposited into the governance contract? Or if it is a single read call to a contract I might be able to do that as well via Etherscan.

Check the TORN balance of the governance contract:

2 Likes